Frequently asked questions
Are you a pick-your-own orchard?
May I order apples and other orchard store goods in advance?
Yes you can! We will be taking orders for all in-stock apples that can be picked up either at our store or at either the White Bear Farmers Market on Fridays or the Shoreview Farmers Market on Tuesdays.
Do you have a COVID-19 safety preparedness plan in place?
Do we ever! The safety of both our customers and our staff is paramount and we have been busy bees (in the social distancing sort of way) getting ready for the store and markets to open with the new guidelines in place. Please read our COVID Preparedness Statement below -
At Applecrest Orchards our goal is to keep our customers and employees safe and we have carefully planned the 2020 season by incorporating guidelines from the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health. This is new for of all of us and we will continually review and make adjustments as needed. For the safety of all who visit and work at Applecrest Orchards, we kindly ask that you adhere to the following:
If you or any one in your household, does not feel well or have any symptoms compatible with COVID-19 please stay at home.
While at the orchard:
- Please use social distancing practices while shopping in the store and while on the property
- All customers and visitors are to wear masks or face coverings that cover mouth and nose both.
For the safety of our customers and employees, we have adapted these protective measures :
- All employees will be wearing masks when assisting customers
- Sneeze-guard barriers have been installed at our cash register
- No Contact Payment option - we accept credit cards
- Directional signs for one-way customer flow and social distancing reminders have been posted
- Disinfectant is available for all customers and employees
- Cleaning and sanitizing will be done regularly throughout the day by employees
- If it becomes necessary, access to the building will be metered
- We will continuously monitor our policies
- The above policies may change at anytime
We are all in this together and we thank you for your support and for helping to keep everyone safe at Applecrest Orchards!
Is the orchard dog friendly?
Yes! You are welcome to bring your dog (or cat for that matter) to Applecrest Orchards but we do require that you keep Max or Whiskers on a leash at all times, and clean up after them. If you have forgotten the all important poop bags, just ask at the store.
I would like to take professional photographs at the orchard, is that ok?
If you are here on a professional capacity, you need to phone our office and make arrangements and there is a small fee for using our orchard for professional photography.